Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gluten-Free Veggie Pizza

I've tried making my own vegan crust for a while but have never been happy, hence why I decided to use this pre-made kit from Bob's Red Mill. Plus its easy to find in the organic section of any grocery store.
I'll post a link a little later.
Crust:
1. Follow instructions on package; cut in 1/2 for 1 pizza
2. Make a flax egg to replace egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp warm water, allowed to set for a few minutes)
3. Spray pizza pan lightly with cooking spray and dust with a little cornmeal
4. Again follow instructions
Topping:
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh white mushrooms, chopped
1. Place desired amount of low sugar pasta sauce on crust
2. Mix all veggies in a bowl and pour on top of pasta
3. Top with some soy mozzarella cheese (optional)
Feel free to mix this up with toppings and I'll be posting new ideas soon.




1 comment:

  1. I want to try this... hopefully one of the days during thanksgiving break... :)
    Keep up this great work ! I like your recipes!

    ReplyDelete