Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stuffed acorn squash

http://healthycrush.com/quinoa-stuffed-acorn-squash/
I made this the other night. I opted for the sunflower seeds. I couldn't find any raw without paying a fortune. So I used salted and roasted (it does take away from the nutritional value but it also adds a ton of flavor to the dish)

I did not use any oil. Instead just add pepper to the squash before baking a place on some parchment paper. This greatly reduces the amount of calories.

Also, I only like Tempeh or Tofu in limited amounts so I used chick peas.

I don't have tamari. But Bragg's Liquid Aminos (found at all health food stores and some grocery stores in the organic section is great) is a low sodium soy-sauce alternative that works well.

Additionally. I had to microwave the squash on each side for 3 minutes just so I could cut it. Then I microwaved about another 3 after cutting which cut the baking time in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment