Sunday, August 12, 2012

Easy Veggie-Stuffed Pitas

Tonight I wanted something really easy to eat that was still loaded with nutrition. I also didn't want to get over-full with loaf bread. So I opted for whole-wheat pita bread which is yummy anyway. You can make this with virtually any filling you want, so feel free to mix up the veggies. I just used what I had on hand.
Stuffing:
- 1/3 a cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 large avocado chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegan mayo
Stir all together
Meanwhile slice pita in half, spread pocket open and toast lightly in toaster oven.
Throw it all together:
1. Place a little fresh spinach into 1-half of each pita
2. Place a small amount of shredded soy cheese in pocket
3. Feel in the pockets with stuffing
.... the remaining stuffing makes a good dip for corn chips

No comments:

Post a Comment