Sunday, January 19, 2014

Low-Fat Peanut Butter Chocolate Green Smoothie

I recently made an appliance purchase that I could not have been happier about, the Nutribullet. This little wonder is fairly inexpensive (especially since I had Christmas gift cards). I bet I use it 5 or more times a week. It's especially great when I don't have to pull out my bigger and harder to clean food processor...also I great tool that I use often.

When it comes to smoothies, the Nutribullet can't be beat. Plus it makes the product as uniform as a juice blend but I don't waste any pulp, ergo, I don't lose any fiber. I do still love my Breville juicer, but I always cringe when I put close to a pound of pulp down the disposal and am left with maybe 8 oz. of juice. But anyway back to my point.... Green smoothies. I've experimented with many types and consistently find that spinach is the only green that doesn't over power the sweetness I aim to include.

Plus I've had a bit of a cold today and yesterday which is making me somewhat dizzy and lethargic. So I figured every meal I had today would be super charged with nutrition.




Ingredients
  • 1 handful or two baby spinach
  • 2 Tb. peanut flour (you could use 1 Tb. natural smooth Peanut butter, but this would make it higher in fat)
  • 1 Tb. cocoa powder
  • 1 frozen banana, broke into a couple smaller pieces
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut blend milk
Instructions
  1.   Add all ingredients to the large bullet cup and screw on the extractor attachment
  2. Run the bullet for about 10 seconds
  3. Put on the handle attachment
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment